There are many opportunities for both boys and adults to lead within Troop 313.
If you are a Scout, leadership is part of your advancement. To earn the rank of Star, Life and Eagle you will need to hold a position of leadership for 4 to 6 months. Below is a list of positions with their duties and responsibilities:
- Senior Patrol Leader & Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
- Patrol Leader & Assistant Patrol Leader
- Troop Guide
- Chaplain’s Aide
- Den Chief
Training for youth leadership is done within the troop. The Scoutmaster will train the boys and encourage them to be involved. Each summer we will also send 2 boys to the National Youth Leadership Training program. This is a week long experience that will encourage and train the boys to lead in their troop better.
If you are an adult, you can serve the troop in a variety of ways. We are a boy-led troop, but the key to keeping things running smoothly is a solid adult leadership team.
- Scoutmaster (girls need) – the main part of this job will be handled by Mr. Mick, but the Scoutmaster for the girl’s troop will the main point of contact for girl participation.
- Assistant Scoutmasters (need several)
- Committee Members
- Committee Chair (boys covered & girls need)
- Advancement Coordinator (covered for 2022-23)
- Board of Review Coordinator (need)
- Eagle Scout Coordinator (covered for 2022-23)
- Popcorn Kernel (need)
- Program Coordinator(s) (need)
- Service Coordinator (covered for 2022-23)
- Summer Camp Coordinator (covered for 2022-23)
- Treasurer (covered for 2022-23)
- Youth Protection Coordinator (need)
- Merit Badge Counselors
Each position requires specific training – a list can be found with the description of the position or you can download the specifics here.
Youth Protection is paramount and a priority with the BSA. This course should be taken BEFORE or directly after completing an adult application. Go to http://www.scouting.org/ and select “My Scouting” to setup an account and begin your training. Your registration cannot be processed until the Council office receives notification that the training is complete.