Court of Honor- Big thank you to everyone who came out to support our kids and their accomplishments! Our next one will be in January!
Life to Eagle Meeting – Craig Brandvold, our Eagle Scout Guru will be holding the Life to Eagle meeting on October 19 in the side room fo the church at 6 PM. Please come if you scout is Life, and you want to know the next steps to Eagle!
Parents Meeting – We have a parents meeting at the Church next Tuesday at 6 pm. Please join us and hear about all the activities this fall and winter. Kids can go to a merit badge class happening at the same time.
Merit Badge Class – Heather Neill is teaching Communications the first three weeks of October. Then starting in November, we will have First Aid taught by Ryan Oberst. These are two Eagle Scout required mertit badges and are available to all ages of scout. These classes will be on Tuesdays at 6 PM ( PLEASE BE ON TIME) right before our regular meetings.
October camp out – Tylman is putting this together and the meeting the next two weeks will be focused on preparation for this camp out. Plan to have your scout attend even if they are not going on the trip, because this is great information in general! There will be sign up sheets in the kitchen window.
We’re excited to be going on our first backpack campout in quite awhile. First-time and experienced backpackers are all welcome. We’ll be hiking at Upper Priest Lake, south on Trail 291 to Navigation campground, a 3.4 mile hike each way. Flyers with detailed driving and hiking trail directions will be available at the Tuesday, Oct 5 meeting.
- Meet at church Saturday morning, Oct. 16, 9:00 am for group departure
- Adults and Scouts: please sign up at Oct. 5 or Oct. 12 meeting so we know we have enough drivers for Scouts whose parents aren’t attending
- Friday departures – you’re welcome to hike on Friday if you’d prefer. Mr. Mick will be at the campground starting Thursday. Keep in mind that driving time is 2.5-2.75 hours, sunset will be +/- 6:00pm and the hiking time for 3.4 miles. Also, per Youth Protection, you must have 2 adults in your group if you’re bringing other Scouts in addition to your own kids. Bring your headlamps!
For adults only:
- Mr. Mick can carry your gear in via his boat. Gear dropoff Tuesday 10/12 at troop meeting. You will pick it up at the Beaver Creek portage near Nordman on Sunday morning.
- Mr. Mick will not be cooking for adults on this campout. He will have hot water for the all-important morning coffee, etc.
Troop Meeting Campout Prep:
- Tuesday, 10/5 meeting: Food, water, and gear discussions
- Tuesday, 10/12 meeting: Bring your packed backpacks – pack inspection (for gear, proper fit, etc.).
backpacking-checklist-troop-313 – Troop has some gear to loan if needed. See Mr. Mick or Mrs. Tylman.
TROOPO REUNION AND EAGLE COURT OF HONOR. – Also, please put on your calendar and pass on the information, that we are having a Troop Reunion and Eagle Scout Court of Honor on December 21. If you know any former scouting families, please let them know! It will be in the Chapel of the Church, and then the meeting room for refreshments. Time is 6:30 PM.