- REMINDER- Can Recycling: Please remember to NOT drop cans at Bob’s house anymore. Instead, contact him to setup a time/location to drop them off. We are still taking them as a fundraiser, but DO NOT leave them at his house. Better yet, save them up and bring them to the parents meeting at the end of August.
- Service hours opportunity: Hamblen Park Presbyterian is hosting a National Night Out event. We need approximately 6 scouts on Tuesday 08/06 from 8:00am-10:00am. You will be helping with the set up. Please contact Andrea Barkstrom at email@example.com if your son is interested. This service project could help any boy who is looking to advance ranks in the falL.
- Personal Fitness: Andrea is also running the personal fitness merit badge throughout the summer.
July 15-19th – 3rd check in. Andrea will be out of town so the boys will need to do this on their own and email or text her. (Email above or text to 509-724-7940) It can be done any time of the week. Here are the things she needs–– length of time for mile run– number of sit ups in 1 minute– number of push ups in 1 minute– BMI percentile https://nccd.cdc.gov/dnpabmi/calculator.aspx
- Joey Nye Eagle Court of Honor: Joey is receiving his Eagle Scout rank on July 25 at 7 PM at the church. An Eagle Scout Court of honor is a very special event and if you haven’t experienced one yet I encourage you to come and share this with Joey’s family. All are welcome!
- Youth Protection: Adults, if you are planning on teaching a merit badge or working with the scouts on any activity outside of troop meetings in the coming 2019- 2020 year, please update your youth protection training. If you don’t have an account yet, go to My.scouting.org , create an account and use protection should be in one of the bars at the top of the page. It takes about an hour to complete. Once you’ve completed it send me an email or bring me a print out of the certificate of your completion. Thank you so much for your assistance in keeping us compliant, and becoming a part of making sure all of the boys in our troop are safe and secure at all times!