Our April camping trip is this weekend and here are the details:
- If you have NOT signed up and are planning to go, please call Bob ASAP and let him know (509-710-0986)
- Gear Loading will take place on Thursday (04/12) between 5:00pm and 6:00pm at the church.
- A group will depart on Friday at 5:00pm and another at Saturday at 8:00am. Both leave from the church.
- If you are driving, please download and print directions to the camp location.
- Bob is providing meals for adults, $15 per adult which covers Saturday breakfast & dinner and Sunday lunch.
- Bring a sack lunch for Saturday.
- We should be back in Spokane after noon on Sunday. Boys will call when we are about 30 minutes out.
Please make your final payment ASAP. Total amount will be $340. There may be additional fees for merit badges that are due before we leave – we’ll start registration soon.
Gardening Merit Badge
Mrs. Walter is starting the Gardening Merit Badge next Tuesday (04/17) at 6:00pm at the church. This will be a 30 minute introduction. A second meeting will take place in May and a final one later this summer or early fall. This is a unique opportunity to earn a badge that hasn’t been taught at the troop level.
Chess Merit Badge
The chess merit badge will meet at 6:30pm on Tuesday (04/17) at the church.
We will have a visitor at our next meeting (Tuesday 04/17) to talk to the boys about drones. Specifically, he will discuss the rules and regulations that are starting to come about for flying one. Make sure you and your son are available for this unique presentation.
We don’t often have negative feedback from the boys, but when we do it usually revolves around our troop meetings. Bob and I have been working on a new plan for meetings. We’ve ironed out a lot of the details and will roll out a new structure this summer to the Scout leadership and to the troop in September. Over the next several weeks, I would like to start laying it out for the parents. I encourage you to review the details and then have a short discussion with your son. Please share any feedback with us. Our goal is to make the meetings more valuable and in some cases, more fun. I’ll start writing about the new structure next week and we’ll have an open discussion at our next parent’s meeting on Tuesday 05/01.
PLC & Advancement Night
The fun night that was scheduled for Tuesday 04/24 has been replaced with a PLC and Advancement night. Please adjust your schedule – more details in next week’s communication.