Saturday (12/09) is Webelos Skill Day. Boys need to arrive at Hamblen Park at 9:00am to setup their station. The actual skills day will start at 10:00am and run until noon. A couple things to note:
- It will be cold and you can have a fire pit, BUT it must be one that is off the ground or if it is a barrel, then it must be on a platform so that it doesn’t burn the ground. NO OPEN FIRES.
- Bring your own wood, you cannot use wood from the park
- Hot chocolate and coffee will be served
- There will be a section for adults to stay warm; we’d love to have you there
- At the end, cobbler will be served
From 6:00pm to 9:00pm on December 9th, Christel is organizing a cookie decorating event at Project ID. This is a nonprofit for developmentally disabled teenagers and young adults. It is located at 1412 W. Central. The website address is https://projectidspokane.org/. Boys would be helping with cookie decorating, playing board games, pool, maybe shooting some hoops with the teenagers and young adults who attend evening recreational activities. Please email her and let her know if your son can attend so she can give the director an idea how many boys will be showing up. Christellcasey@gmail.com
Next Tuesday (12/12) is our last troop meeting for the year. We will not meet on 12/19, 12/26 or 01/02. That means Tuesday is the last day for you to pay your dues for 2018. I show 20 boys still missing payments. I will notify parents this weekend. Please bring a check on Tuesday so we can wrap this up.
It’s time to start thinking about summer! Summer Camp this year is from Sunday 07/08 to Saturday 07/14 and we’ll be attending Camp Grizzly. We’ll start registering boys on 01/08 when we come back from Christmas break. To reserve a spot, you’ll need to pay $100 on 01/09. The remaining amount ($240) will be due in April. Don’t miss out on this opportunity for your son.